Did you know that one out of three seniors experiences a fall at least one time each year. There are many risk factors that can cause balance and fall problems in older adults including:
- Adults age 65 or older
- Previous history of falls
- Stroke, Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes or other pre-existing conditions
- Vestibular Disorders such as dizziness, vertigo and unsteadiness resulting from inner ear imbalances
After an initial assessment, Dr. Bieber and our physical therapy team will create an individualized program of exercises and activities designed to:
- strengthen weakened muscles, particularly in the ankle, knee and hips
- increase flexibility
- regain lost range of motion
- improve posture, upright stability and movement
The treatment plan often incorporates a walking regimen supplemented by balance, coordination and postural exercises.
We offer the Moore Balance Brace to our patients who require additional support in their fall prevention.